Càlid: Living surfaces
Intelligent tableware kit created to foster the guest experience when eating.
Càlid bowl is a thermo-active materials based basin that opens when pouring warm soup inside, recreating the effect of blooming flowers in spring. The unexpected reaction of an inert container makes this element alive in front of the guest empowering the surprise effect and cognitive capacity of the guests.
Càlid borns from a Research thesis around 'The Experience of Eating in Higher Cuisine'.
Project made as Nicole Vindel final theses with El Celler de Can Roca restaurant at Elisava School of Design.
- Presented with a physical demonstration in Harvard School inside the Science and Cooking Course [December 2014]
- Presented at the World Economic Forum of Dubai by Joan Roca.
- Exhibited in Palau Robert during "De la Terra a la Lluna" [November 2016 - April 2017]
- Elisava University of Design and Engineering newsletter publication.
- Exhibited at Rebirth Forum by Tercer Paraiso, the foundation of Michaelangelo Pistoletto in 2018 at the Gran Teatro de la Habana Alicia Alonso, Cuba.